Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daycare...

So today I decided it was time for me to call the daycare and express my feelings about the new 2 year old room that Drake is in. See he has only been in there for a little over a week now. And our conversation went a little something like this, I cried and why I really don't know. I guess its because I was so upset about the thought of my baby boy being in this new room and being so unhappy that he is upset and crying all day long or maybe the fact that when my little sister Angela picks him up at 3:30 that he cries Milk Milk Milk the whole way home until he gets a cup because he is so thirsty. I have begun to wonder it they don't give him anything to drink all day as thirsty as he is. See I have always picked him up at 4:30 so when she started picking him up this week it really made me wonder because he would wine when I got him but I made sure he had something to drink before we left. So Monday when Angela got him to her house she said he was so thirsty that he drank 2 full cups in a matter of minutes. Would you say the child was thirsty? But too I had a teacher tell me that he cried all day the other day and that she went in and got him to calm him down, now that is just sad that his own teachers can't make him happy or maybe even that they just won't even try to make him happy. The lady on the other end was very sympathetic with me and she understands but now when she talks to the director it may not make any difference. I really hope that they understand where I am coming from and really think about the fact that Drake is not quite 2 yet and that it will take sometime for him to learn to adjust to the new room. I hope it does not take long because I really don't think that I will be able to handle this for a whole year.

So by the time I got thru typing the top part of this the Teacher in Drake's Room has already called apologizing for everything. She says that she should have sat down and explained the ways of the new room. She told me that Drake has been doing great this week and that she understands where I am coming from. She also told me that he does get his cup as he wants it and that he does not cry all of the time. I think that some part of the was just to make me happy but I will just have to wait and see how things go well.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Just a quick comment to let you know you are not alone in the Daycare Drama. I hate that Braiden has to go to school 3 days a week. I don't know what I'll do when I finally get a real job and go to work full time!!! I do hope things get better. It's hard. If you ever want to complain without doing a post, email me - denachancellor@yahoo.com. :o)