Monday, December 29, 2008

HOG Huntin....

So Sunday I did something really cool that I thought that I would never do.....I went Hog Hunting. Along with the Husband, Micah and Brian I went HOG hunting this was a new experience for me all the way around. I have almost been every kind of hunting for this area of Arkansas except Turkey and Hog hunting. Now I am down to just Turkey hunting and I will have that under my belt before long. So we find the fresh hog track and let the dogs out......sniff...sniff some more....pee on every tree they see....sniff some more. Just just when I got to thinking this is going to take forever.....BAM I hear barking and a whole lot of squealing!!! YIKES I thought....So we run up to where the dogs are and they have a small hog caught. So the guys are pulling off the dogs which was not an easy chore and I am chashing a stupid dog trying to catch it but being that I am not his owner he won't let me touch him so they then say Haley hold this HOG.....and I said "Stupid Husband say what! and are you sure about that!" But I got over it and did what was needed, it was really funny to cause it was squealing and I was laughing cause it wanted away badly! Then I got to let it go and that little pig stood there for a moment and then it ran like a bolt of black lighting. Ahhhh the joys of Hunting!! I can truly say that was kinda fun. Then we load the dogs up and off we go again. More hog track so we let them out again, and the find some hogs but they have crossed water so we can't get to them except for wading to them. Finally they make them come across the water to us and man there were 3 big hogs. We could not get a shot of at them but man them hogs was BIG!!! Then we lost the dogs for like 3 hours- i finally told them I got to go home and get Drake. They found the dogs like 20 minutes after I left. So all and all I had a really fun time and I will be doing that again!
TA TA For Now.......
Check back for christmas pictures!!

2 comments:

Rosjuane said...

OH GOODLORD!! You are now oficially a REDNECK!!

Haley said...

Rosjuane, You can't talk you would have done it too. It was kinda fun!!!